- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 3 medium carrots, sliced to about 2mm thick
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 red capsicums, deseeded, diced to 1.5cm
- Chicken - either 300g roasted chicken (no skin or bones, chopped chunky) or 500g raw chicken breast or thigh fillets (diced to 1.5cm). I used 2 large roasted chicken breasts
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup chicken gravy, made as per instructions (I use instant)
- 1.5 cup frozen beans
- 1.5 cup frozen corn kernels
- 400g potato, peeled and chopped chunky
Spray a large non stick frypan with oil.
Fry onions, capsicums, garlic and raw chicken if using, until all is cooked and brown.
Add thyme, gravy, cooked chicken if using and vegetables. You probably need to add some more water so the liquid level is just below the level of the chicken/veg mix.
Simmer for 5 mins, then pour into a baking dish or 4 smaller heatproof dishes
Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in boiling water for 10-15 minutes. You want them breaking apart soft.
Drain potatoes and mash with no milk or butter and add to top of baking dish/es. Fluff potato with a fork or draw decorative lines on the top.
Alternatively, use a potato ricer or push through a sieve to give squiggly potato "worms". I used a ricer
Put dish/es under grill until the potato turns a nice golden brown on the raised bits.
Not on Core? The total Points for this recipe is 21 pts, or 5 pts for a generous serve