This curry is mild enough for children. Curry is for flavour, not heat
- 600g chicken thigh fillet, no skin, chopped into cubes approx 2cm
- 1 onion
- 4 tsp curry powder (for mild, more for wild)
- 3 tsp ginger, grated, ground
- 3 cups chicken stock, hot
- 1 1/2 cup raw rice
- 2 cups chopped free vegies like carrot, cauliflower, broccoli, beans (frozen is OK) etc
- 1 cup frozen peas (mint if you have them)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels (or tinned)
Put all into a casserole dish, stir and bake covered at 200*C for 45 mins or until rice is cooked.
Note - if using watery vegetables like cabbage, zucchini or mushroom, put these in half way through or will be very mushy.
This could also be done on stove top in nonstick pan, or in a slow cooker with less fluid
Not on Core? The total of this recipe is 28 points
It is easily "bulked out" with extra vegies