Beef = Khao Tom Nua, Pork = Khao Tom Moo, Prawns = Khao Tom Goong
- cooked rice, 60g or 1/3 cup
- 500ml water
- meat - handful of meat of choice, sliced thin (for Pointing, 80g chicken breast or lean steak, you can also use 2 pts of pork or seafood if you wish)
- * 1 TB brown sugar or palm sugar (*1pt)
- 3 TB light soy sauce
- 2-3 pinches ground white pepper (note black pepper may be used for taste, but it looks like burnt flecks)
- 4 baby corns, cut to 2cm
- 1 handful cabbage, cut to 2-3cm square
- 1/3 small carrot, sliced thin
In a small pot bring the water to the boil.
Add meat and keep boiling until meat is cooked.
Add cooked rice and remaining ingredients.
Cook for 3-4 minutes, being careful not to over cook the vegies.
Serve and enjoy.
This is traditionally served with 2 garnishes - 2 pinches of pickled radish and a pinch of fried garlic.
Not on Core? The total Points for this recipe is 4pts for a large bowl
On Core you need to allow 1 pt for the sugar
Me in cooking school serving Khao Tom. Yes I am very sunburnt from snorkelling the day before.