I made this with turkey fillets, but chicken thigh fillets would be lovely too. Chicken breasts may dry out too much
Cooking Time: 60-75 minutes
- 750 g chicken thigh fillets of turkey fillets, diced to approx 2cm
- 750 g potatoes, diced to approx 2cm (skin on if you can)
- handful fresh parsley (or thyme), coarsley chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 150 ml nonfat milk
- 150 ml water
- 3 tsp seeded mustard
- 2 tsp french onion soup mix (or a onion, chopped)
Arrange the potatoes in the bottom of a large baking dish.
Scatter garlic and parsley (onion if using)
Put chicken/turkey on top
In a jug, mix the water, milk, mustard and french onion soup.
Boil the fluids in the microwave (around 90 secs) and pour into the baking dish.
Bake at 180*C covered for 40 minutes.
Uncover and bake a further 20-30 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and chicken and potatoes are tender and crisp.
Serve with steamed vegies
Not on Core? The total for this recipe is 22 points