Serves: 6 - 8
- 200 g Potato (1 large or 2 small), diced to 1cm
- 200 g Sweet Potato (1/2 large or 2 small), diced to 1cm
- 400 g Carrot (3-4 medium or 2 large), diced to 1cm
- 3 medium red capsicums, deseeded, diced to 1.5cm
- 2 small zucchini, grated
- 1 bunch of spinach, chopped fine (or 200 g frozen spinach, defrosted)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 100 g frozen corn kernels (2/3 cup)
- 4 Eggs
- 200 g fat free natural yoghurt (I used Jalna)
- * 60 g Light Mozzarella (3/4 cup loosely packed), grated (3.5 pts)
- 3 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- herbs - parsley, Italian herbs, basil, oregeno
(I used 2tsp dry parsley, 2tsp dry basil and cracked pepper)
Line 2 baking trays with baking paper, spay lightly with oil
Spread chopped potato, sweet potato, capsicum and carrot into single layer.
Spray lightly with oil and bake at 180*C for 25-30 mins until lightly golden. Allow to partially cool (so it doesn't set the egg)
In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs, yoghurt and herbs.
Add the onion, grated zucchini, spinach and corn and stir well with a wooden spoon.
Add the roasted vegies and mix well.
Put in a large baking dish (lasagna tray size) and gently press down with a spoon or potato masher, until there is a thin wet egg layer on top.
Top with sliced tomatoes and sprinkle with cheese.
Bake at 180*C for 30 to 35 minutes or until egg mixture is set and top golden.
Stand for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Serve with a crisp green salad
On Core? You need to count the cheese 3.5 pts/6 or 8 servings = 0.5 pts per serve
Without the cheese on the top, it is totally Core
Not on Core? The total of this recipe is 17 pts.
6 servings = 3 pts per serve, 8 servings = 2 pts per serve