Difficulty: Very easy - no cooking
Optional: 100g firm tofu, diced to 1cm or 100g cooked chicken, diced or shredded
- 75g thin hokkien noodles, chopped to about 3cm
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of thinly sliced or grated vegies
suggestions: spinach, cabbage, grated carrot, corn kernels, peas, beans, beansprouts, bok choy
I used beans sprouts, grated cabbage and a couble of TB of frozen beans and peas
- 1 spring onion, white chopped fine, green chopped to 2cm
- 2 tsp of vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 TB skim milk powder (omit for Vegans)
- 1-2 tsp each of basil and coriander
- crushed chili - start with 1/4 tsp - omit if you don't tolerate spicy
- 1/2 tsp coconut essense
Method:Put the the tofu or chicken (if using) into the bottom of a large noodle bowl (3-4 cup capacity).
Layer the raw vegetables on top
In a heat proof bowl or jug, mix stock powder and milk powder.
Stir in 2 cups boiling water and herbs, then add coconut.
Pour into noodle bowl, leave to sit for 3 mins, then enjoy
Not on Core? The total Points for this recipe is 2 pts as Vegetarian, no tofu with free vegies (1.5 for Vegan)
Add 2 pts for tofu, 3 pts for chicken