- 500g premium mince (or savoury mince mix with garlic and onion from the freezer)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 5 cups frozen or chopped fresh vegies
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 4 TB tomato paste
- 2 TB gravy powder
- 500g potato, peeled, chopped into 1cm cubes
- nonfat milk
- mixed herbs/Italian herbs 1 tsp
- cracked pepper
- Optional - sprinkle top of each bowl with 15g Coon Light and Tasty Cheese (1.5 pts)
Put potato onto boil. When done, drain and mash with a drizzle of nonfat milk.
Meanwhile, cook mince with garlic and onion until brown.
Steam vegies in a large microwave bowl.
Add mince mix to warm vegies, add tomato paste, gravy and herbs and microwave for a few minutes. note - if vegies were fairly dry, add a few TB of water to allow the gravy to form.
Spoon vegies and mince into 4 bowls. Top with mashed potato and smooth down.
Using a fork, draw lines or squiggles on top of potato.
Top with cheese if using.
Place under hot grill for a few minutes to brown the potato/cheese.
Remove with oven mitts and serve.
Not on Core? The total of this recipe is approx 23 points (5.5 pts each)
You can reduce points value by using a bit less less mince or potato