If you have kids, you might prefer using just parsley and perhaps serving with BBQ sauce.
- 600g chicken mince
- 2 tsp dry French Onion soup mix
- 2 egg
- 30 g (1/3 cup) rolled oats
- 1 tsp crushed chilli paste (or hot chilli sauce)
- 3 tsp finely chopped basil
- 2 tsp finely chopped coriander
With a fork, mix together all except the oats.
When thouroughly mixed, add oats.
With wet fingertips and a bowl of water handy (stops sticking) make into 2cm balls and place on baking tray. I made 36 this size, but you could vary the size.
Bake at 180*C for 30 minutes
NB - chicken mince takes a lot to brown. If you like the look of browned meat, slide under the griller for a few minutes (I did)
Not on Core? The total for this recipe is 21 points