- 500g premium beef miced (or diced beef)
- 1 packet french onion soup
- 4 beef stock cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped/crushed
- 1 tsp curry
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- 2 cups (300g) potato
- 1 cup (150g) 200g pumpkin
- 1 cup carrot
- 1 cup beans
- 1 cup cauliflower and / or broccoli
- 2-3 cups of watery vegie - cabbage, spinach, zucchini, celery
All vegies should be diced to approx 1cm
Add beef, garlic, french onion soup mix and 1/4 cup water to a hot saucepan. Brown beef.
Add 6 cups water, curry powder, stock cubes, pearl barley, potato, carrot, beans and pumpkin.
Simmer for 20 minutes, covered.
Add waterey vegies, simmer for 10 mins.
Serve as is for a very thick soup, or add 1/4 cup water to each 1 cup soup for thinner style
Not on Core? The total for this recipe as soup is 24 points
To turn into a stew, add 1 1/2 cups rolled oats and simmer 10 mins
See CORE Farmhouse Beef and Veg Stew
Not on Core? The total for this recipe as stew is 32 points