An excellent way of dealing with fruit which ripes quickly in the heat.
And very refresing on a hot day
Serves: 1+ depending on amount of fruit used
Difficulty: Very Easy, but needs some lead time
Fruit which is great frozen:
- ripe banana/s - peeled and cut into slices about 1.5cm thick
- ripe stone fruit, like nectarines (leave skin on) or peaches (peel) - chop into slices/pieces, no more than 1cm thick, sprinke with lemon juice
- seedless grapes - stalk removed
- oranges - cut into slices/wedges no more than 1-1.5cm thick
Lay fruit out flat on a tray and freeze. When frozen you can put into a dry tub in the freezer.
Arrange as many peices and types of fruit as needed on a plate and eat with your fingers
- If your freezer makes icecream rock hard, I'd suggest letting it sit for a few minutes before eating, otherwise eat straight away
- For kids or for some pizazz, thread fruit on a skewer and freeze
- You can also stick pop sticks into banana to make creamy "ice cream"