This bulks out well with vegies if you need it to stretch out. Fresh, frozen or leftover vegies, throw them in...
- 250g premium mince
- 1 garlic clove, chopped/grated/pressed
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 6 cup beef stock
- small sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes (approx 300g)
- 1 x 400g mixed beans or kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 x 400g tin crushes/diced tomatoes
- 2 cubes frozen spinach (100g)
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper *
- 1 cup frozen beans
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels (or tin)
*Go easy with cayenne pepper, it's powerful stuff! You can always add more, but you can't take any out! At 1/2 tsp, it is quite mild, so try this first.
I use 1 1/2 tsp cayenne as I like a bit of spice
Brown beef, onions and garlic in 3 TB of water.
Add tomatoes, tinned beans, frozen spinach, stock and sweet potato and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add rest of ingredients and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
Not on Core? The total for this recipe is 17 points.