- 250g Smoked Chicken Breast Fillet, skinless, sliced thin
- 250g dry pasta
- 2 heads of broccoli, cut into florets
- 200g green beans
- handful of baby spinach
- 150g low fat creamed style cottage cheese (I use WW)
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1tsp wholegrain mustard
- 8 basil leaves shredded (or dried)
- 2 spring onions
- can of asparagus cuts
- Coloured vegies - some bright vegies are needed to break up the green. I used 100g frozen corn and a grated carrot. You could use red capsicum, halved cherry tomatoes etc.
Optional - Parmesan
Boil water in a large saucepan, add pasta (note - I assume pasta is 9/10 minute to cook pasta, adjust timing if is the quick 6 minute type)
After 6 minutes, add broccoli, corn and beans and cook for 3-4 mins
Pour vegies and pasta into a strainer, rinse with a kettle-full of boining water (stops sticking together) and leave to drain.
In same (now empty) pot, add cottage, milk, and mustard and stir over low heat.
Add chicken, spring onions, basil and cracked pepper to season.
Add pasta back to pan and stir vigourously to mix, then add asparagus and stir gently for 2 mins.
Turn heat off and stir through the spinach and grated carrot just prior to serving.
Optional - serve with 2 tsp Parmesan for 0.5pts
Not on Core? The total for this recipe is 21 pts, or 5 per serve.