Serves: 4 - 6
- 500g slimmers beef mince (or pork or chicken mince)
- 2tsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1.5 tsp ginger
- 2 TB soy sauce
- 2 tb lime / lemon juice
- 1 small iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 150g rice stick noodles
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup frozen peas (try mint peas)
- 2 cup frozen beans
- 2 cup broccoli (or cauliflower), cut into very small pieces like grated
- 2-3 tsp Chinese five spice
- 2-4 TB of chopped coriander (I buy tubes of crushed cori from the fridge in f+v section)
Vegie options - add any "normal" stir fry vegies in as long as diced fine - bok choy, cabbage, capsicum, spinach, bean sprouts etc. If no fresh vegies, increase the frozen vegies.Salad options - any watery crunchy vegies can be added. Pictured is baby spinach leaves, iceberg lettuce and carrot. You could try rocket etc too.
In a large non-stick pan, heat oil, add mince, onion, garlic, ginger and fry until meat is browned (if white meat, until cooked.)
In a bowl, cover the rice noodles with boiling water for 5 mins, then rinse in cold water
Add soy and lime juice to the pan, the frozen vegies and cauliflower, and herbs and strifry until vegies soften.
Cut noodles into 5cm lengths and add to pan and stir for a few minutes until noodles warmed through.
Arange a nest of lettuce in a wide bowl (like a pasta bowl) and line nest with carrot. Drizzle with a little extra lime juice if desired
Serve the noodle mixture into the center of the nest and drizzle with a little more soy if desired.
Not on Core? The total Points for this recipe is 21