- 2 medium tomatoes, diced to about 5mm or 1 medium tomato and 6 halved cherry tomatoes (more visually appealling, but still use 1 tomato as you need the tomato 'juices' to help with the dressing)
- 1/4 small green capsicum, diced small (or use red if that is what you have)
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped very fine
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced very fine (or use white, but red looks better)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- fresh coriander, chopped, about 3 TB
- fresh parsley, chopped, about 2 TB
- lemon juice, a 'squirt'
- 1 small tin of good quality tuna or salmon in spring water, drained
- 1/2 cup tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
Toss all and eat.
Not on Core? The total Points for this recipe is 3.5 pts for tuna, 4.5 pts for salmon
Want a bit more?
Add another tin of tuna for an extra point, or another quarter cup of chickpeas for another point.