- 450g diced turkey, frozen or thawed
- 2 TB dried onion (or 2 small onions diced - I ran out of onions)
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (note - adjusted down to mild-medium heat. You could taste 1hr before serving and add a bit more if needed)
- 1 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp dried chicken stock/ 2 stock cubes
- * 1/2 cup dry kidney beans (or 1 cup tinned, drained and rinsed)
- 2 tins tomato (I used 1 tin of diced and 1 of cherry tomatoes)
* Pre-work: dry kidney beans should not be put into the slow cooker dry as temperature doesn't reach 100*C needed to degrade a natural toxin which can cause severe gastric upset. They need to be preboiled for at least 10 minutes to ensure food safety. I boil for 20 minutes, then leave covered on the stove overnight. If you can't be bothered, you can use canned which have been boiled.
In the morning, throw all into the crockpot and turn on low.
Frozen turkey - cook for 10+ hours, defrosted 6+
Serve over rice wide a side of steamed vegies
Not on Core? The total Points for this recipe is 12.5pts or 3 pts per serve
Add 2 pts for or 3/4 cup cooked rice (2.5pts for 1/4c raw rice)