- 4 TB (50g) green curry paste (I used True Thai @ 31kj, 0 fat for 50g = 0pts)
- 650 g chicken thigh fillets, cut to approx 2 cm chunks
- 3 tsp coriander paste (or fresh in food processor)
- 3 tsp basil paste (or fresh in food processor)
- 1 cup non fat milk (I used Pura Tone)
- 1 tsp coconut essence
(milk+essence = healthy coconut milk alternative)
- 3 TB cornflour for thickening
I put all except flour in slow cooker in the morning, turned onto auto setting (4 hours high, then switches to low).
After 10 hours I removed about 1/3 cup juices, made a paste with cornflour and stirred back though.
High for an hour to thicken.
There is no reason the cornflour couldn't be added at the start and it doesn't "need" 11 hours cooking - but I like curry meat fall-apart tender and wasn't home to supervise. I think it would be fine on high for 4 or 5 hours.
Not on Core? The total Points for this recipe is 15.5 pts, or 4 pts each for 4 servings
Add 2 pts for or 3/4 cup cooked rice (2.5pts for 1/4c raw rice)
Since it has only a few ingredients, I even worked out the kj’s – 1100kj per serve, or 264cals without rice